Sunday, June 16

Rain retain.

I don't want to get saturated in the torrent
For it only melts my skin.
My heart and my soul were thawed,
Just by the rumor if it.
In a very ill fitting setting
On a television channel they declared,
"Monsoons to come early to Mumbai this year"
I smelted then and there.
Now the rains just validate it.
I need to keep a morsel of my soul
My skin, fingertips and my eyes,
To write about it, to put into words.
And so I’m not getting moist.
Like a greedy man who picked up more than he could hold
I will not act.
And so I’m missing, from you gentle rain.
By the balcony of my tiny abode, I stand,
Relaxed by your droplets echoed from a surface on me.
I don’t even sing in the rain,
It sings to me,
Songs of love misplaced and lovers.
We keep our own spaces,
Rain outside and me indoors.
Content.

No comments:

Post a Comment