Sunday, April 29

The River and the Sea.


In utter treachery 
The river to the sea-
I feel ignored 
Im loveless and bored

To give you have less
Ah! and that other mistress
If ignorance must you try
I'd run my love dry

You must speak now, Sea
For I plead thee
Serving you and emptying me
Seems now a waste to me

A driftwood for thee
You are as dear as she
Not anger nor hatred 
But some heartfelt pity

Don't you see what I bore
To take and yet take more 
To never come to a stop
Ignore if I feel warped.

Your grieving and her tears
Your joys and her fears 
Muddy or clean
Salty or green

To me love was partial
I cant express mine
Overwhelming, overfilled me
Yet cant return, just whine. 

Our lives seems ironical
It must feel mechanical
But a blessing we share
If only we care.

Some day I'll overflow
You'd be empty once spent
But sure better than ones
Who never meet in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment